How to read the Earnings Report
The Earnings report lists products that were ordered after an Associate referral subsequently dispatched. The report has four sections; the detailed report of earnings from product referrals, a summary of the earnings from product referrals, a summary of commissions earned from DVD rental referrals and section that overviews Bonus Earnings.
Detailed Report - Column definitions>
- Item Name – Name of the product for which Amazon is paying the Associate a commission.
- Seller – This column tells whether the product was fulfilled by Amazon or a 3rd party merchant selling on the Amazon platform.
- Price – The sales price of the item without VAT for retail products. For 3rd party products the price includes VAT at present. However, this could change in the future.
- Referral-Commission Rate – The percentage of the Price column that Amazon paid out as a commission for referrals related to this product.
A few items of note on the Referral-Commission Rate:
- The referral rate cannot always be exactly the tier referral rate because we can’t pay in denominations less than a cent. So if you have achieved the 7.5% tier, you may see 7.50%, 7.49% or 7.51%.
- For CE items, the referral rate can be lower than your current tier because of the cap on CE Commissions.
- If the shipped item qualified for a direct link bonus (see How to Read the Order Report), you will also see this reflected in the Referral Commission Rate.
- Items Dispatched – The number of items specified in the left hand column that were shipped in the period specified.
- Revenue – The total items dispatched times the price.
- Earnings – The total commisions earned on the shipment of item specified in the left hand column.
Definitions - Summary Report
- Total Amazon.com Items Dispatched – The total number of Amazon fulfilled items shipped to customers referred by the Associate during the period specified along with resulting revenue and earnings.
- Total Third Party Items Dispatched – The total number of Third Pary fulfilled items shipped to customers referred by the Associate during the period specified along with resulting revenue and earnings.
- Total Items Dispatched – Sum of Amazon and Third party fulfilled items along with resulting revenue and earnings.
- Total items Returned – Number of items returned to Amazon that were referred by the Associate and for which the Associate had previously been credited with revenue and commissions.
- Total Refunds – Number of items returned to Third Parties that were referred by the Associate and for which the Associate had previously been credited with revenue and commissions.
- Total Referral Commissions – Total units, revenue and Commissions earned by the Associate in a given period net of returns and refunds in that period.