I am a non-US person, why do I have to provide my tax information?

The US Internal Revenue Service requires Amazon to withhold up to 30% from non-US associates earning referral commissions in the US unless the associate can provide a completed W-8BEN with a valid claim of treaty benefits.
To provide us with your tax information online:

  1. Log in to Amazon Associates 
  2. Hover over your email address at the top of the page
  3. Click on Account Settings.
  4. Click on View/Provide Tax Information to review or update specific tax information
  5. Click “Take Interview” 
Was this information helpful?
Please select what best describes the information:
Thank you for your feedback