Associates Operating Agreement – What’s Changed
Here are some of the most important updates we will make to the Amazon Associates Program Policies effective March 1, 2024:
- Clarified that age thresholds for children may be determined by applicable guidelines as well as laws or regulations.
- Updated the Promotional Limitations to clarify the definition of “offline promotions” and allow for expanded messaging capabilities.
- Revised the language in Section 5 of the Participation Requirements to clarify that Program Content and Special Links should not be used in connection with generative AI.
- We have revised the Responsibility for Your Site to call out “dependency services” that creators use.
- Revised the Associates Program IP License to call out that use of PA API content is not allowed to be used with machine learning models.
- Updated the Amazon Influencer Policy with the following changes:
- Removed (c) Marketing section. This section become redundant with the changes to the Promotional Limitations section.
- Amendment to AIP s3(c) to clarify that Influencer is responsible for following ordinances, rules, regulations, orders, licenses, permits, guidelines, codes of practice, industry standards, self-regulatory rules, judgments, decisions, or other requirements of any applicable governmental authority, including those related to disclosures.
- Removed language related to the requirements applicable to dynamically generated product links.