Kindle eBooks Advertising Fee FAQ
1. What is changing for Associates who refer free Kindle eBook sales?Starting March 1, 2013, Associates who we determine are promoting primarily free Kindle eBooks and meet both conditions below for a given month will not be eligible for any advertising fees for that month within the Amazon Associates Program. This change will not affect advertising fees earned prior to March 1, 2013.
At least 80% of all Kindle eBooks ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links are free Kindle eBooks
- 20,000 or more free Kindle eBooks are ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links
2. Why are we making this change?We are pleased to offer both free and paid eBooks to Kindle customers. However, the Amazon Associates program is designed to compensate advertising partners for referring paid business to Amazon.
3. Am I likely to be affected by this change?It’s unlikely. This change will affect far less than 0.1% of Associates.
4. How will I know if these conditions have been or are likely to be met?We are introducing new reporting in Associates Central to provide information on number of free and paid Kindle eBook downloads. These reports will be available by March 1, 2013, found here. If your advertising fee eligibility is affected for a given month, you will still see Products in your Orders Reports and the advertising fees that you would have earned in your Payment History, but your Payment History report will also show that your monthly earnings for that month have been debited from your account.
5. If my Associates account becomes ineligible to earn advertising fees, will I still be able to participate in the Associates program?Yes. Associates who meet the conditions describe above and are therefore not eligible for advertising fees for a given month are free to continue to participate in the Associates Program, subject to compliance with the Operating Agreement.