Associates Operating Agreement – What’s ChangedHere are some of the most important updates we made to the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement on August 1, 2017:
Changes to the Program Policies
- We’ve added bounty events for Amazon Prime Monthly Discounted Offering Free Trial and Twitch Prime. We also deleted references to expired bounties relating to Prime Day and provided homepage URLs for Amazon Prime Gifting bounty events.
- We’ve excluded products sold through Prime Wardrobe from eligible Products.
- We added a new Program Policy relating to Local Associates, a program for businesses that have face-to-face interactions with customers and that don’t participate in the current Associates Program.
- We also added a new Program Policy relating to our Influencer Program to cover social media influencer Associates whom Amazon invites to make recommendations on an Amazon Site.
- In connection with the launch of Amazon Spark, we’ve prohibited action that would generate fees from purchases resulting from a customer using a Special Link in your post or starting from your post on Amazon Spark and then returning to Amazon using your Special Link.
- We expanded your warranties to reflect your independent agreement to participate in the Associates Program and to explicitly cover international trade regulatory requirements regarding sanctions and exports.