OneLink Integration Guide
If you use Amazon’s text links, you can now monetize international traffic coming to your website from the United Kingdom (UK) and Canada. OneLink uses oneTag as a script that enables you to configure this functionality on your website in few easy steps.
Integrating OneLink is a one-time setup. Follow these steps to quickly get started.
Steps to integrate
1. You will need an account in Amazon Associates UK Program or Amazon Associates Canada Program. Sign up using the links below if you do not already have an existing account.
To monetize UK traffic
Sign up, click here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk
To monetize Canada traffic
Sign up, click here: https://associates.amazon.ca
2. Next, sign-in to your Amazon Associates US account and click on ‘Tools’, select ‘OneLink’
3. Click on ‘click here to link’ to map your US/UK or UK/Canada account.
4. The ‘link your account’ screen will open and you can select your geography(s) to map with your US account by entering your UK/Canada account details.
5. Then, return to the OneLink home page, copy the oneTag script that appears in the box and place it on the footer of your site(s).
Now you are all set to start monetizing your UK and Canada traffic.
If you are a WordPress user, click here to view the Integration Guide for WordPress.
Close Product Match vs. Exact Product Match
You have the option to set ‘Close Product Match’ (default) or ‘Exact Product Match’ as your redirect preferences. If you choose the Close Product Match preference, we will redirect your UK and Canada visitors if we find an exact or similar product on amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca, or to the search results page in the absence of a similar product on amazon.co.uk and amazon.ca. If you choose the Exact Product Match preference, we will redirect your visitors only when we find the same product on amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca. In the absence of exact match, we will redirect your visitors to amazon.com. By default, we will set the preference to Close Product Match to increase monetization.
Check Matching Products
If you have product-oriented content and want to check which products appear on the UK and Canada storefronts, you can use this tool to verify. Just put the Amazon.com link for the product in the ‘Enter the URL’ box and click on ‘Check’. The table will show you the corresponding amazon.co.uk and amazon.ca links. You can check this for up to 20 links.
What do you think?
Do you have a suggestion or comment about Associates Central website? Let us know.