Do you love sharing your favorite fashion finds with your audience on social? Now, your followers can shop your social posts on Amazon! Introducing StyleSnap!
StyleSnap is a new shopping feature that makes it easy for your followers to shop your social posts by taking a screenshot and uploading the photo in the Amazon App, and you earn on sales you inspire!
How it works
Shopping with StyleSnap is easy! You can provide these instructions to your followers:
- Go to your Amazon App and click the Camera icon next to the search bar
- Select the “StyleSnap” option and upload the screenshot
- Get recommendations!
*Note that the recommendations will surface both your tagged items and Amazon recommendations. You earn commission on sales in both cases!
How you can earn
Wondering how you can earn from StyleSnap? The magic is in Shoppable Photos
. You’ll add your fashion-focused social media images as Shoppable Photos to your Inﬂuencer Storefront. When your follower uploads a screenshot and StyleSnap scans it, Amazon will match the image with your associated Shoppable Photo, and apply your attribution. You can find more info about how to add Shoppable Photos to your storefront here
, or follow the steps below!
1. Go to your storefront by typing in your vanity URL into the search bar. Be sure you’re logged into Amazon with the email address you used to sign-up for the program.
2. Click on "Add to Storefront" and select 'Shoppable Photo.'
3.Upload any original social media image that you own to your Inﬂuencer Storefront and tag the products featured in the post.
4.You must tag your photo as either Women's Fashion or Men's Fashion — that’s what will allow you to earn via StyleSnap. If you do not use either of these tags, you will not earn through StyleSnap.
5.Post the Shoppable Photo to your Inﬂuencer Storefront,
Your photo can now be matched up with screenshots that customers upload via StyleSnap— and, bonus: it could also be chosen to share in StyleSnap’s “Explore Looks” discovery recommendations.
You receive commissions for purchases of the products you recommend, as well as the similar items we recommend. You also receive commissions for purchases of other items made on Amazon (even if it’s not on your Inﬂuencer Storefront) during the session.
How should I route my followers to StyleSnap, and will they understand that I’m earning commissions through it?
In addition to explaining how it works while StyleSnap is still new, you should indicate that a post is eligible for shopping in StyleSnap by tagging it #StyleSnap. As always, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations when you could earn from a referral, including by providing all necessary disclosures. (The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that material connections between advertisers and endorsers are disclosed to customers. Get more info here
Where will my photos appear?
For now, the places your images can appear/be uploaded are: on your Inﬂuencer Storefront, the Explore Looks widget on StyleSnap (for photos tagged with Women’s Fashion or Men’s Fashion), and potentially in the Explore feed. In StyleSnap, you receive commissions for purchases of the products you recommend as well as the similar items we surface. You also receive commissions for purchases of other items made on Amazon (even if it’s not on your Inﬂuencer Storefront) during the session. This is the same payment structure as you have for your Inﬂuencer Storefront.
What must I do to receive commissions?
1) You must upload your image to your Inﬂuencer Storefront as a Shoppable Photo. This will tag your photo with your Associates account so you can earn commissions on sales you drive through StyleSnap.
2) You must tag your image with “Women’s Fashion” or “Men’s Fashion” tags in your Shoppable Photo
3) The items in the photo must be Women’s Fashion or Men’s Fashion items.
4) Products must be tagged on the item related to the photo (i.e., if you are tagging tops, put the dot in the center of the top)
5) Tag no more than 5 products in one image
6) Use photos that clearly show the fashion (for example, don’t use folded or hanging clothes or items that are covered by another person/item).
7) Check whether you have selected the right product. Go to the product page and click on the color/pattern that matches your photo
How can I see how my posts in StyleSnap are performing?
1) Go to Associates Central: https://aﬃliate-program.amazon.com
2) Click on the Reporting tab
3) Navigate to ‘Earnings’ and click on ‘Link type performance’. There, you will see an aggregate view of the sales you’re driving through StyleSnap.
How do I remove my photos from StyleSnap?
Deleting a Shoppable Photo from your Inﬂuencer Storefront will remove it from StyleSnap too. Note: if you deactivate your Associates account without deleting the images, they will continue to display to Amazon customers.
Spread the word!
We need your help spreading the word on this fun new feature, so be sure to explain to your followers how the “screenshot + StyleSnap” process works until they get the hang of it.
Here are some example captions you can use to educate your readers in your Instagram Posts!
“Shop this look with StyleSnap on Amazon. Take a screenshot, open your Amazon App, tap on 📷, select StyleSnap and upload the screenshot. #AmazonStyleSnap”
“Do you want to shop this look straight from your @Amazon App?! It’s easy….screenshot this image, tap on the 📷 in the Amazon App, choose the StyleSnap option, and upload the photo…it’s that easy. #AmazonStyleSnap”
“Guess what…you can now shop this look on @amazon. #AmazonStyleSnap 1) Screenshot this image 2) Select the 📷 in the Amazon App 3) Choose the StyleSnap option and upload the photo!”
“Shop my look now available on the @Amazon App! #AmazonStyleSnap 1) Screenshot this image 2) Go to the Amazon App and tap the 📷 icon by the search bar 3) Choose the StyleSnap option 4) Upload the screenshot”