Mobile Application Policy
- This Mobile Application Policy (“Mobile Application Policy”) applies to your inclusion of Special Links in your Approved Mobile Application. “We,” “us,” or “our” means Amazon Services LLC or any of its affiliate companies, as the case may be. “You” means the user agent for the associate account associated with the Approved Mobile Application. All capitalized terms used below that are not defined on this page have the meanings given to them in the Operating Agreement. Strict compliance with this Mobile Application Policy is required at all times, and any violation of this Mobile Application Policy will automatically terminate the Operating Agreement.
- Your Mobile Application:
- a) must be available in either the Google Play, Apple, or Amazon app stores;
- b) must be free to download and all Amazon links must be accessible without paying for access;
- c) must have original content;
- d) must not emulate Amazon’s own shopping app functionality;
- e) must not have price tracking and/or price alerting functionality;
- f) must not host or render Amazon web pages in WebViews.
- We may modify this Mobile Application Policy at any time and in our sole discretion by posting a change notice or a revised Mobile Application Policy on the amazon.com site. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. YOUR CONTINUED INCLUSION OF SPECIAL LINKS IN YOUR APPROVED MOBILE APPLICATION FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR A REVISED MOBILE APPLICATION POLICY ON THE AMAZON.COM SITE WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
- We reserve the right, exercisable in our sole discretion, to take appropriate action against any unauthorized use of Special Links or any use that does not conform to this Mobile Application Policy.
I already have an Associates account, should I create a new account for my apps?
- If your existing account is primarily for your website we suggest you create a new Associates account for your apps to facilitate tracking and management.
- If you do not want to use two separate accounts, you should make sure your existing links work properly by using mobile-ready Associates tools. Unless otherwise noted, our linking tools will work for your mobile website. Tools like our Flash-based widgets show an icon and message, “This widget/banner may not work for mobile devices”, so you can avoid using them on your mobile websites.
How do I get started?
- Review the Operating Agreement and the Mobile Application Policy.
- Track your mobile apps separately from your web properties in Associates Central with a separate Store ID. Benefits include granular tracking, reporting, and eligibility for future Mobile Associates promotions. You can use the same username and password and sign up for a new StoreID on Associates Central. Use separate tracking ID under your app StoreID for each mobile OS version or application variant.
- Register your app store download URLs on Associates Central and keep the URLs up to date. This is a program requirement and helps us to target Mobile Associates promotions.
- Avoid redirect URLs in your app and take advantage of deep linking into the Amazon Shopping app. Starting with iOS9, deep linking to the Amazon Shopping app is enabled by default. Using Apple's Universal Linking technology, customers with the Amazon Shopping app will automatically be deep linked to the appropriate page within the app. We're actively working on a similar experience for Android and will update you once available.
How do I get approval to integrate Associates links into my mobile app?
- Mobile applications that adhere to the Operating Agreement and the Mobile Application Policy will be eligible for approval. Apps that create significantly different experiences than those offered by Amazon’s existing mobile shopping website or Amazon’s suite of mobile apps will be considered for approval. If an app includes features that mimic existing Amazon apps, we may not approve the app. Apps that are primarily focused on shopping and shopping functionality may not be approved for participation.
Mobile Apps | Associates Program applications now being accepted from mobile app developers. Read more below or apply now
Mobile Popover ad unit (BETA) | Learn more