Site Stripe Help
What is Site Stripe?The new Site Stripe feature allows you to create links directly from the Amazon.com site without having to visit Associates Central. It lets you build links to any page on Amazon, and even add products to your aStore. It also has handy short-cuts to some other useful Associates pages.
How Do I Turn Site Stripe On?To see the Site Stripe you need to be recognized as the Amazon customer corresponding to your Associates account. Ensure that you are signed-in to Amazon using your Associates account by looking at the top of the Amazon.com page.
If there is no name at the top, click the “Sign in to get
personalized recommendations” link and sign-in using your Associates account information.
If the name at the top is incorrect, or you are not sure you are using the correct account, select the “(Not <username>)” link (where <username> is an actual account name) and sign-in using your Associates account information.
How Can I Change the Settings for Site Stripe?For convenience, you can hide the Stripe from view by clicking on the ‘Hide’ tab on the left-hand side of the Stripe. To see it again, click on the tab on the left of the page and this will unhide the Stripe.
You can control whether to view the Stripe or not from the Settings button on the Stripe or by logging in to Associate Central and then going to your Account Settings - Associates Site Stripe Options.
The Site Stripe Options allow you to control the features that you see on the Site Stripe as well as turning the display of the Stripe on or off. Here are the following Site Stripe features:
- Link to this page – lets you build different kinds of links to the current Amazon page you are viewing. The linking options vary depending on whether you are on a product detail page or not. Links to specific products can only be made if you are viewing that specific product. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- Add to aStore – lets you add the product on a product detail page to your aStore. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- Your Earnings Summary – links you to your earnings report. You will be asked to log-in to your Associates Account before viewing your report to ensure the privacy of your report information. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- Add to Widget – lets you add the product on a product detail page to an Amazon widget. You can create a new widget or update an existing one. Currently supports Carousel, My Favorites, Slideshow and MP3 Clips widgets.
- Share on Twitter – lets you post a quick update to Twitter through your own Twitter account with a short URL to the current Amazon page being viewed. When you click the ‘Share on Twitter’ button, a new window will open in which you can log in to your Twitter account if you’re not already logged in. On that page, you will also have the option to change the default message before posting it to Twitter.
- Discussion Boards – links to the Associates discussion forums
- What's New? – links to the latest news and information about the Associates Program as reported on the official Associates blog.
How Do I Turn the Site Stripe On or Off?To turn the Site Stripe on or off, simply go to the Account Settings - Associates Site Stripe Options section of Associate Central and select the appropriate option to turn the Stripe off or on.
You can also choose to not to view the Stripe temporarily by clicking the ‘Hide’ tab on the left-hand side of the Site Stripe. This will stop the Stripe from displaying. Unhide the stripe by clicking on the small grey tab at the top left of the page. The Stripe will re-appear in place of that tab.