Site Stripe Help
What is Site Stripe?The new Site Stripe feature allows you to create links directly from the Amazon.com site without having to visit Associates Central. It lets you build links to any page on Amazon, and even add products to your aStore. It also has handy short-cuts to some other useful Associates pages.
How Do I Turn Site Stripe On?To see the Site Stripe you need to be recognized as the Amazon customer corresponding to your Associates account. Ensure that you are signed-in to Amazon using your Associates account by looking at the top of the Amazon.com page.
If there is no name at the top, click the “Sign in to get
personalized recommendations” link and sign-in using your Associates account information.
If the name at the top is incorrect, or you are not sure you are using the correct account, select the “(Not <username>)” link (where <username> is an actual account name) and sign-in using your Associates account information.
How Can I Change the Settings for Site Stripe?For convenience, you can hide the Stripe from view by clicking on the ‘Hide’ tab on the left-hand side of the Stripe. To see it again, click on the tab on the left of the page and this will unhide the Stripe.
You can control whether to view the Stripe or not from the Settings button on the Stripe or by logging in to Associate Central and then going to your Account Settings - Associates Site Stripe Options.
The Site Stripe Options allow you to control the features that you see on the Site Stripe as well as turning the display of the Stripe on or off. Here are the following Site Stripe features:
- Link to this page – lets you build different kinds of links to the current Amazon page you are viewing. The linking options vary depending on whether you are on a product detail page or not. Links to specific products can only be made if you are viewing that specific product. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- Short Link to this page – lets you build short links to the current Amazon page you are viewing. Your store ID and tracking ID are already included in the short link. Your last used store ID and tracking ID is incorporated in the initially generated short link. You also have the option of specifying the store ID and tracking ID to use in the short link. Copy the generated short link and paste it into the code for your website or to use in your Facebook and Twitter posts. This option is currently available for Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers. Support for other browsers is being considered for future versions.
- Add to aStore – lets you add the product on a product detail page to your aStore. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- Share (on Twitter/Facebook) – lets you post a quick update to Twitter or Facebook through your own Twitter/Facebook account with a URL to the current Amazon page being viewed. When you click the ‘Share’ button, a new window will open in which you can log in to your Twitter/Facebook account if you’re not already logged in. On that page, you will also have the option to change the default message before posting it.
- Your Earnings Summary – links you to your earnings report. You will be asked to log-in to your Associates Account before viewing your report to ensure the privacy of your report information. You will be able to return to continue on Amazon.com by clicking the ‘Back to Amazon’ button on the top left of the page.
- What's New? – links to the latest news and information about the Associates Program as reported on the official Associates blog.
- Discussion Boards – links to the Associates discussion forums
How Do I Turn the Site Stripe On or Off?To turn the Site Stripe on or off, simply go to the Account Settings - Associates Site Stripe Options section of Associate Central and select the appropriate option to turn the Stripe off or on.
You can also choose to not to view the Stripe temporarily by clicking the ‘Hide’ tab on the left-hand side of the Site Stripe. This will stop the Stripe from displaying. Unhide the stripe by clicking on the small grey tab at the top left of the page. The Stripe will re-appear in place of that tab.