Associates Program Participation RequirementsThis Associates Program Participation Requirements page is part of the Operating Agreement that governs your participation in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This page describes requirements and restrictions applicable to you as a Program participant. From time to time, we may modify the participation requirements described on this page in accordance with the Operating Agreement. All capitalized terms used below that are not defined on this page have the meanings given to them in the Operating Agreement.
1. You will ensure that your site is not unsuitable (as described in Section 2 of the Operating Agreement).
2. You will not display or otherwise use our or our affiliates’ trademarks or logos (including any Amazon Mark) except solely as expressly permitted under and in accordance with the Operating Agreement.
3. You will not display or otherwise use any trademark or logo of any third party seller on the Amazon Site in connection with any Special Link unless you have obtained from that seller the specific right to do so.
4. You will not remove, obscure, or alter, or make invisible, illegible, or indecipherable to visitors of your site, any “Privacy Information” link or any of our or our affiliates’ trademarks or logos (including any Amazon Mark) that we include in a Special Link.
5. You will use Content solely in accordance with the terms of the Operating Agreement and within the express scope of the license granted in Section 11 of the Operating Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you will (a) use Content solely to send end users and sales to the Amazon Site and will not link any Content to, or in conjunction with any Content direct traffic to, any page of a site other than the Amazon Site (however, parts of your site that are not closely associated with the Content may contain links to sites other than the Amazon Site); and (b) link each use of the Content solely to the related Product detail page or other relevant page of the Amazon Site and not to any other page.
6. You will not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities on behalf of us or our affiliates, or in connection with the Amazon Site or the Program, that are not expressly permitted under the Operating Agreement. For example, you will not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities in any offline manner, including by using any of our or our affiliates’ trademarks or logos (including any Amazon Mark), any Content, or any Special Link in connection with an offline promotion or in any other offline manner (e.g., in any printed material, mailing, SMS, MMS, email or attachment to email, or other document, or any oral solicitation). Upon our request, you will provide us with written certification that you have complied with this Section 6. We will specify the form of, and content required in, that certification in our request. Any failure by you to provide the certification in accordance with our request will constitute a material breach of this Operating Agreement.
7. Except as agreed between you and us in a separate written agreement referencing this Participation Requirement, you will not use any Content or Special Link, or otherwise link to the Amazon Site, on or in connection with:
a. any client-side software application (e.g., a browser plug-in, helper object, toolbar, extension, or component or any other application executable or installable by an end user) on any device, including computers, mobile phones, tablets, or other handheld devices, other than Approved Mobile Applications; or
b. any television set-top box (e.g., digital video recorders, cable or satellite boxes, streaming video players, blu-ray players, or dvd players) or Internet-enabled television (e.g., GoogleTV, Sony Bravia, Panasonic Viera Cast, or Vizio Internet Apps).
8. You will not add to, delete from, or otherwise alter any Content in any way, including by adding additional information (e.g., you may not insert words into a customer review), except that you may resize Content consisting of a graphic image in a manner that maintains the original proportions of the image or truncate Content consisting of text in a manner that does not materially alter the meaning of the text or cause the text to become factually incorrect or misleading.
9. You will not sell, resell, redistribute, sublicense, or transfer any Content or any application that uses, incorporates, or displays any Content. For example, you will not use, or enable or facilitate the use of, Content on or within any application, platform, site, or service (including social networking sites) that requires you to sublicense or otherwise give any rights in or to any Content to any other person or entity, nor will you create links formatted with your Associates tag for, or display such links on, a site that is not your site.
10. You will promptly remove from your site and delete or otherwise destroy any Content that is no longer displayed on the Amazon Site or that we notify you is no longer available for your use.
11. You will not use any Content, including any name or likeness embodied in that Content, in a manner that implies a person’s or company’s endorsement or sponsorship of, or commercial tie-in or other association with, any product, service, party, or cause (including by placing unrelated third party materials in close proximity to Content).
12. You will not seek to purchase or register any Proprietary Term for use in any Search Engine; purchase, register, or otherwise use any Proprietary Term as or in a domain or subdomain name; or register or use any Proprietary Term as or in any Associates ID or “tag.” In addition to any other rights or remedies available to us, upon our request you will cause any Search Engine designated by us to exclude Proprietary Terms from keywords used to display your advertising content in association with search results (e.g., request exclusion by negative keyword bidding), assuming the Search Engine offers such exclusion capabilities.
13. You will not bid on or purchase keywords, search terms, or other identifiers (including Proprietary Terms) or otherwise participate in keyword auctions on any Search Engine if the resulting paid search advertisement is a Prohibited Paid Search Placement. You may purchase paid search advertisements and submit links to Search Engines to appear in response to a general Internet search query or keyword (i.e., in natural, free, organic, or unpaid search results), so long as you comply with the Operating Agreement and those paid or unpaid search results send users to your site and not directly or indirectly, via a Redirecting Link, to the Amazon Site.
14. You will not offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including any money, rebate, discount, points, donation to charity or other organization, or other benefit) for using Special Links (e.g., by implementing any “rewards” or loyalty program that incentivizes persons or entities to visit the Amazon Site via your Special Links).
15. You will not intercept, record, redirect, read, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other material submitted to us by any person or entity.
16. You will not request, collect, obtain, store, cache, or otherwise use any account information used by our customers in connection with any Amazon Site (including any usernames or passwords of Amazon Site customers).
17. You will not modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other feature of the Amazon Site.
18. You will not make any orders or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any other person or entity, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so.
19. You will not use Special Links to link to the Amazon Site from references to items on your site that are not Products.
20. You will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.
21. You will not include on your site, display, or otherwise use Special Links or Content in connection with any spyware, malware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious or harmful code, or any software application not expressly and knowingly authorized by users prior to being downloaded or installed on their computer or other electronic device.
22. You will not frame the Amazon Site, or any part of it, within your site, including by display within an integrated web browser (e.g., WebView) within a Mobile Application. However, displaying a Special Link on your site, including results from the AMA API, in accordance with the Operating Agreement will not be considered a violation of this Participation Requirement.
23. You will not post or serve any Special Links or other content promoting the Amazon Site within any pop-up or pop-under windows, transitional page ads, or layer ads around or in conjunction with the display of any site that is not your site.
24. You will not include any Special Links in any content that you place on the Amazon Site (for example, in connection with any advertising service available through the Amazon Site or in a customer review, forum, listmania, guide, or any other customer-generated context available on the Amazon Site).
25. You will not attempt to circumvent the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule or artificially increase your advertising fees (e.g., by intentionally featuring, purchasing, or requesting or encouraging any other person or entity to purchase, low-price items offered on the Amazon Site (as determined by us) for the purpose of exceeding any advertising fee threshold, or by causing any page of the Amazon Site to open in a customer’s browser other than as a result of the customer clicking on a Special Link on your site).
26. You will not attempt to intercept or redirect (including via software installed on users’ computers) traffic from or on, or divert advertising fees from, any site that participates in the Program.
27. You will not artificially generate clicks or impressions on your site or create Sessions on the Amazon Site, whether by way of a robot or software program or otherwise.
28. You will not display or otherwise use any of our customer reviews or star ratings, in part or in whole, on your site unless you have obtained a link to that customer review or star rating through the Product Advertising API and you comply with the requirements set forth in the License Agreement.
29. You will not purchase any Product(s) through Special Links for use by you or for resale or commercial use of any kind. Similarly, you will not request or encourage any of your friends, relatives, or associates to purchase any Product(s) through Special Links for use by you or them or for resale or commercial use of any kind. Further, you will not offer any Products on your site for resale or commercial use of any kind.
30. You will not cloak, hide, spoof, or otherwise obscure the URL of your site containing Special Links (including by use of a redirecting page) or the user agent of the application in which Content is displayed or used such that we cannot reasonably determine the site or application from which a customer clicks through such Special Link to the Amazon Site.
31. You will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.