Associates Program Advertising Fee ScheduleThis Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule (“Schedule”) is part of the Operating Agreement that governs your participation in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This Schedule describes the advertising fee rates you may earn as a participant in the Program. It also describes the limitations that apply to earning advertising fees on certain Products. From time to time, we may modify this Schedule in accordance with the Operating Agreement. All capitalized terms used below that are not defined on this page have the meanings given to them in the Operating Agreement.
During each calendar month, you may earn advertising fees for Qualifying Purchases. Most advertising fees are calculated as a percentage of Qualifying Revenues based on the tables below and are subject to the limitations described in the “Limitations on Advertising Fee Rates for Certain Products” section below. We also may offer advertising fees in the form of bounties or other special offers as described in the “Special Offers and Promotions” section below. “Qualifying Revenues” mean amounts we receive from customers’ Qualifying Purchases, excluding shipping, handling, and gift-wrapping fees, taxes, and service charges, and less any rebates, credit card processing fees, returns, and bad debt.
The advertising fee rates you may earn will vary depending on the number and category of Products that are shipped, streamed, or downloaded (as applicable) in a given calendar month that constitute Qualifying Purchases. We will determine the classification of Products in each category set forth in Tables 1 and 3 below or otherwise described on this page.
1. Standard Advertising FeesThe Program’s standard advertising fee structure, applicable to Qualifying Purchases made through Special Links displayed outside of Approved Mobile Applications, is described in Tables 1 and 2 below.
TABLE 1 – Fixed Advertising Fee Rates for Specific Product Categories
TABLE 2 – Volume-Based Advertising Fee Rates for General Products*
* For the purposes of Table 2, “General Products” are any Products other than those for which we pay a fixed advertising fee rate as described in Table 1.
2. Advertising Fees for Approved Mobile ApplicationsFor Qualifying Purchases made through Special Links displayed in Approved Mobile Applications, the Program’s advertising fee structure is described in Tables 3 and 4 below.
TABLE 3 – Fixed Advertising Fee Rates applicable to Approved Mobile Applications for Specific Product Categories
TABLE 4 – Volume-Based Advertising Fee Rates applicable to Approved Mobile Applications for General Products*
* For the purposes of Table 4, “General Products” are any Products other than those for which we pay a fixed advertising fee rate as described in Table 3.
3. Calculation of Advertising FeesFor purposes of calculating the number of Products shipped or downloaded in a given month, we will include Products included in categories in Table 1 or 3, as applicable, except gift cards (whether redeemable on the Amazon Site or not) and any Products expressly excluded in accordance with the “Special Offers and Promotions” section below or otherwise under the Operating Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, Kindle tablets and e-reader devices are defined as General Products and therefore are eligible for the advertising fee rates specified in Table 2 or 4, as applicable.
Example: The following example demonstrates how advertising fee rate calculations work under Tables 1 and 2. If, in a given month, 6 General Products (e.g., 3 books, 1 pair of shoes, and 2 Kindle tablets), 9 Amazon Instant Video Products, 14 Electronics Products, and 2 gift card Products redeemable on the Amazon Site were shipped or downloaded (as applicable) as a result of orders placed by customers during Sessions initiated through Special Links on your site, then the total number of Products would be 31. The volume-based advertising fee rate for a monthly volume of 7-30 Products would be used to determine your advertising fee rate for General Products because the 2 gift card Product units are not included in calculating the applicable advertising fee tier in Table 2. In this example, an advertising fee rate of 6.00% would apply to Qualifying Revenues from the 6 General Products, an advertising fee rate of 5.00% would apply to Qualifying Revenues from the 9 Amazon Instant Video Products, an advertising fee rate of 4.00% would apply to Qualifying Revenues from the 14 Electronics Products, and an advertising fee rate of 6.00% would apply to Qualifying Revenues from the 2 gift card Products (redeemable on the Amazon site). If the same Products were instead shipped or downloaded (as applicable) as a result of orders placed by customers during Sessions initiated through Special Links in your Approved Mobile Applications, the advertising fee rates would be calculated by reference to Tables 3 and 4.
4. Limitations on Advertising Fee Rates for Certain ProductsNotwithstanding the advertising fee rates described on this page, the following limitations apply: (a) advertising fees for all Qualifying Purchases of Products that are personal computers (including without limitation desktops, laptops, notebooks, tablets, and netbooks) are limited to a maximum of $25 per personal computer, regardless of the Qualifying Revenues received from the sale of that Product; and (b) advertising fees for all Qualifying Purchases of Products that are Fine Art are limited to a maximum of $200 per Product, regardless of the Qualifying Revenues received from the sale of that Product.
In addition, notwithstanding the advertising fee rates described on this page or anything to the contrary contained in this Operating Agreement, if we determine you are primarily promoting free Kindle eBooks (i.e., eBooks for which the customer purchase price is $0.00), YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN ANY ADVERTISING FEES DURING ANY MONTH IN WHICH YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
(a) 20,000 or more free Kindle eBooks are ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links; and
(b) At least 80% of all Kindle eBooks ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links are free Kindle eBooks.
5. Special Offers and PromotionsFrom time to time, we may run special or limited time offers or promotions under which you may earn advertising fees on Products or categories of Products that were previously excluded from earning advertising fees, or you may earn increased advertising fee rates from those set forth above. We may notify you about special offers or promotions by updating this page or through emails, blog posts, or other means.
The following special offers and promotions are currently available to all Associates:
- Cell Phone with Wireless Service Plan Promotion:
For each Qualifying Purchase of a cell phone with a wireless service plan, you may earn a $25 bounty instead of, and you will not be eligible to earn, the advertising fee rates set forth in the tables above.
- Amazon Product Ads Program Promotion (not applicable to Approved Mobile Applications):
In connection with referrals to the Amazon Product Ads Program, you may earn a bounty solely as follows: (a) for each new Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Registration you refer, you may earn a $5 bounty; and (b) for each Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Launch, you may earn an additional $150 bounty. The Amazon Product Ads bounties above are not available for referrals from Special Links in Approved Mobile Applications.
The “Amazon Product Ads Program” means the advertising program designed to provide Amazon Site customers access to products available on external Web sites, described in more detail here.
An “Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Registration” means an advertiser’s registration in the Amazon Product Ads Program, where that registration was initiated and successfully completed (as determined by us) by the advertiser during the Registration Period and the advertiser has not previously completed registration in the Amazon Product Ads Program. Registrations that we determine to be fraudulent (e.g., repeated registrations from the same IP address) will not qualify as Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Registrations.
The "Registration Period" means the period beginning when an advertiser follows a Special Link from your site to the Amazon Product Ads homepage and ending on the earlier of: (i) 24 hours later and (ii) any time that advertiser follows a Special Link from the site of another participant in the Program to the Amazon Product Ads homepage. Special Links to the Amazon Product Ads homepage are permitted in connection with this promotion, notwithstanding Section 19 of the Associates Program Participation Requirements.
An “Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Launch” means the occurrence of the first click by a natural person on a Product Ads advertisement that is displayed for the advertiser whose Amazon Product Ad Advertiser Registration you referred. An Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Launch must occur within the first 30 days following the date of that advertiser’s Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Registration in order for you to be eligible to earn the additional $150 bounty. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Launch occurs later than 30 days following the applicable Amazon Product Ads Advertiser Registration, you will not be eligible to earn the additional $150 bounty. Clicks are measured solely by us.
- Amazon Prime Instant Video Free Trial Bounty
You will earn a $2 bounty for each Qualifying Purchase consisting of an Amazon Prime Instant Video Registration. An “Amazon Prime Instant Video Registration” occurs when an Eligible Customer successfully registers (as determined by us) for an Amazon Prime Instant Video Free Trial via the Prime Instant Video landing page located at http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/primesignup or http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/videos (or any successor pages). You will not earn the $2 bounty for any other free or paid registration for Amazon Prime, including registrations through any other web page. You will not be eligible to earn any other advertising fees for free or paid registration for Amazon Prime (including an Amazon Prime Instant Video Registration). An “Eligible Customer” is a customer who meets the eligibility requirements for an Amazon Prime Instant Video Free Trial (as determined by us). An Amazon Prime Instant Video Registration is a “Digital Product.”
- Amazon Trade-In Program
Amazon’s Trade-In Program allows customers to trade-in eligible Products in exchange for Amazon gift cards. Products accepted by us through the Trade-In Program are referred to as “Trade-In Products.” You will earn an advertising fee for Qualifying Purchases of certain Trade-In Products described below equal to the applicable advertising fee rate multiplied by the value of the gift card we exchange for the Trade-In Product. For the purposes of Trade-In Products, a Qualifying Purchase occurs when (a) during a Session a customer adds a Trade-In Product to his or her “Trade-In shopping cart,” (b) that customer submits a Trade-In request for the Trade-In Product, and (c) Amazon receives and agrees to accept the Trade-In Product from the customer. You will not receive advertising fees in respect of Trade-In Products submitted in violation of the Amazon Trade-In Program Terms and Conditions (available at http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200302940).
Advertising Fee Rates applicable to Qualifying Purchases of Trade-In Products by Product Category:
- Trade Books and Textbooks: 4.00%
- Consumer Electronics Products: 4.00%
- Video Games Products: 4.00%
- All other Products: 0.00%